ZMF-II Technical Specifications
- When not in use, power should be turned off to maximize batteries lifetime.
- Requires 4 C batteries. Use alkaline batteries only (recommended). Do not mix old or rechargeable batteries with new ones. Do not use batteries with a voltage higher than 1.5V like the Oxyride batteries; doing so might permanently damage the circuitry in your unit.
- Batteries should provide power for more than 1600 hours of use under normal conditions (compare to 600 hours of use that other clocks offer).
- < 20 mA consumption.
- Maximum Input Voltage: 6.5V
- High display brightness.
- 1/2″ display digit size.
- Operating temperature: -30 ºC to 80 ºC.
- Chess clocks are intended for indoor use only. These LED displays and some types of color LCD displays are hard to read when exposed to bright sunlight. However, no harm is done to the unit by using it outdoors.
|Problem: The display in my clock is not bright anymore and the clock sometimes behaves erratically changing turns by itself.||Solution: The power in the batteries is already drained. Replace the batteries with new ones.|
|Problem: I replaced the batteries but the clock is not working. The clock was working before the batteries replacement.||Solution: Make sure that the batteries are installed in the proper polarity direction. There are some marks in the batteries holder that indicate the proper battery direction. Check the on/off slide switch.|
|Problem: When playing a game the timing in the clock would not behave as expected.||Solution: Make sure that the menu options for delay “DEL 00”, increment “INC 00”, hourglass “HOGL 000”, Scrabble “SCRA BBLE”, byoyomi “BYO YOMI”, and tournament modes “P-00 000” are all set to zero or off.|
|Problem: There is no beeping sound coming out of the clock.||Solution: Set the menu option for the sound from off “SOUN OFF” to on “SOUN ON”. Refer to your clock manual.|
|Problem: The LED light indicators do not work.||Solution: Set the menu option for the led indicators from off “LED OFF” to on “LED ON”. Refer to your clock manual.|
To download the latest ZMF-II chess clock user’s manual in pdf format click here.
To download an older version of this manual click here.